Shop House of Nomad
Natural Banana Bark Striped Round Basket
- Approximately 12”D x 4” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one of a kind piece takes a couple of days to complete.
This gorgeous, versatile home decor piece will capture the attention of every guest and family member. These perfectly sized round baskets are not just gorgeous wall art but functional home decorations. The possibilities are endless. Style it on a shelf for additional storage in your home office, add it to your coffee table for a globally inspired feel, or use it as a serving bowl for your favorite fruit. This fruit bowl is also great storage for keys and mail on your entryway furniture. Most commonly, this woven basket is exquisite, ready to hang wall art with a hand-stitched loop on the back.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
Raffia is harvested by extracting liquid from the raffia palm tree. At first, raffia is green but It is then stripped and dried by the brilliant rays of Uganda sunshine and turns into a beige color. Once fully dried, the KAZI team carefully dyes the dried strands to match Pantone colors. After, the material is distributed to the weavers who take the materials to their homes where they weave your beautiful home decor products.
If for some reason your purchase doesn’t work out, we accept returns within 7 days for exchange or store credit. For returns to be accepted, all items must be unused with tags still attached. Returns that are damaged, altered, or soiled will not be accepted. Please contact info@houseofnomdesign.
Any flash sale items, items on sale, all furniture, custom items, artwork, lighting, apothecary and books are FINAL SALE.
All shipping charges are non-refundable and all return shipping charges are passed to the buyer. We recommend that all returns be sent insured and with tracking as we cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged items. Please allow 5-7 business days for your return to be processed.
Damages to merchandise during transit are rare, but do happen occasionally. If your order arrives with a defect or damage please contact us within 48 hours of receiving with photos of packaging and we will do our best to have a replacement shipped out as soon as possible.
Some furniture, wall decor, and lighting items are shipped directly from our vendor to your home. Lead time and shipping varies depending on the product and information will be specified in each product description.
Please note, changes to a shipping address can only be made within 24 hours from the time you purchase. Once an item has shipped we cannot make any changes or updates to an order.
Discount codes cannot be combined with other discount codes and can only be used at the time of checkout. Discounts codes cannot be extended or modified.
Almost all of our items are handmade and/or vintage. Meaning they are one of a kind and have imperfections that make each item unique and beautiful. We inspect our items thoroughly and the condition is already reflected in the price.
We recommend that all our items are dry cleaned, however some can be machine washed on a delicate cold cycle. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions and concerns about a particular product.